Saturday, August 01, 2009

It's been awhile...

I think about updating.
Not a lot.
Maybe it is more that I think and see things, events, I would like to document. I just don't.
Life is full and there has been a lot to think about, a lot to try and figure out. And we do what we can to get by, really work hard and do our best. Still, life feels like a struggle at times. And I think... really? Cmon' another thing?! Do we need another "thing" another challenge. And when I look at the big picture, when I look around me and I breathe in what's most important... I know. This too shall pass. Oh, let's be real, it doesn't take away the worry or stress but it helps me breathe and in accepting those feelings as part of life, as part of me, I am able to be more in ease and enjoy the joy around me. Yea, I'm freaked and I don't know what's going to happen AND I am excited, I am in love and it is a beautiful day. I choose to be in this moment.




Carl lost his second tooth. It was a bitter sweet moment. The entire process was. He was so worried about it falling out while he was sleeping he created protectors in his bed. An extra pillow, tissues all around. I can't say it all made a lot of sense to me... yet in his mind, it all helped and brought him enough ease to go to bed and rest. That works for me. The next day he wanted me to cancel school. He was concerned it would fall out there. We wiggled and wobbled it and I was able to convince him that is was in there enough that he would be safe.
After school he asked if I would just pull it out for him. He was clearly obsessed. So after lunch we looked again. It was pretty loose. I put a tissue around it, pulled a little and it just came out. When I put another tissue on the "hole" he said, "Momma just pull it out, please?!" Then I showed him it was already out. He got a very big smile.

I made a little box for him to put his tooth in for the tooth fairy and that night he set it beside his bed. We turned the light out and went downstairs. We could hear him rustling and I suspected he was playing with the box. In the morning he said he grabbed it and hugged it under the cover with him because he wasn’t sure he wanted to give it to her. I figured this when I went in and I couldn’t find it... Until I reached under his covers. (He sleeps with the covers pulled and tucked under his head. He said it keeps him safe .) Anyway, we talked about how he doesn’t have to give his teeth away, if he wants to keep them or ask for the one he sent back, he can do that. He is thinking about it. Such amazing minds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home