Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I hungee

First, at 5AM, it was a head butt, then feet in the face, a lost nuk and finally, "I hungee." That's what I woke to at just after 6 this morning. I hoped it wasn't true but alas, who can argue with a grumbly tumbly. So we slowly, I slowly, got up. By 6:30 she was finished with her cereal. Her next request - a walk. So off we went, her in the stroller and me pushing groggy but in control. She's funny, that Willow, and of course I love her. First, she picked what she wanted to wear, (and that she could find downstairs). She tried Carl's blue fleece vest, no, not that... his camo jammie shorts, and then hmmm, which shoes. The new ones. Once those were on she needed to pick the stroller and then, a blanket. Of course the blanket needed to be just right, wrapped and tied around her and the stroller, covering her top but with her feet out so she could kick them. She makes me smile.
We were off. Just a few steps down the way I found myself very thankful that I am not any taller as my head would have gone right through a huge spider web with the very large resident in it. The photo is not very good as the wind was blowing it but I gotta say, ick, ick and ick. I didn't walk through it but I could certainly feel it anyway.
It was a lovely walk though I am now ready for a nap. Too bad it's time to get to work!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious story about your life with Willow, only wish I could be so lucky. She is truly a sweet little Willow Baby. So glad you shared this sweetness with those of us that could not be there! Love you very much, Ruth.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a sweet moment in you day with Willow.
You are such a great momma. [I am glad I wasn't by that spider,it looked big.]
Love you all, Mom

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home