Friday, November 07, 2008

Our first snow


We got our first snow today. Not much of a snow but enough to get everyone excited.
This is good. Willow has been saying she doesn't like winter or snow. Brian said this is my fault and that I need to be careful what I say. Apparently I heavily influence our children. Who woulda' thought? So last night I was saying things like, "I love winter! I love snow! I love to stomp in it, play with it, make snow people..." And Carl chimed in, "I like to eat it!" So Willow started thinking about it and finally said, "I'll eat snow! I like snow." Thank goodness because it was snowing when we got up today.
She immediately wanted to go out in it. So after breakfast, and watching Carl off to school,we put on our "beginning of winter clothes" and headed out. I gathered what i could to try and help her make a mini snow person but every ball of snow I handed her ended up on the ground to be STOMPED on. Eventually she understood what I was trying to do and helped me finish. She carried it around for awhile and then asked," Momma, can I stomp on it?"


I am sure we will have a lot of fun ahead of us this winter. They will both be old enough to run, slide and stomp in it. This is good for me 'cause don't tell Willow, Carl OR Brian that I said it, but, I'm not crazy about winter. The snow is okay but I don't like to be cold!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca,
So glad to see you have added to your blog and it took snow to do it. I'm with you - I don't especially like winter either. Snow is fine if it comes one day and disappears the next, but you guys sometimes have snow forever. Take care and I love you! Ruth

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your snowday with Willow.It looked like she was having fun. Our first snowday closed our schools but it wasn't the kind of day you could go out and play[it was more of a wet-slushy mess].
I love & miss you all,Mom

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home