Saturday, June 21, 2008

A day at the park

Brian worked on a commercial on Thursday and the kids and I played. We ventured back to the old neighborhood in Minneapolis. The Lyndale Farmstead Park. We played in the sand, slid on the slides, ran around and just laughed. It was a lovely day and we really enjoyed each other, especially the kids.
Although the moments when they just get along can feel rare I think they are increasing as the days pass and they get older.
The crab apples are always a big hit. I have yet to understand the appeal. They are so tart it makes my mouth suck into my head, but these guys love them!


Willow has been having moments of fear lately over things like certain bugs (though she was picking pill bugs up by the handfuls at Carl school the same day), weird or loud sounds and just unfamiliar things. Carl has, for the most part, been very protective and willing to (when she will let him) hold her hand or just tell her it is okay. It is so sweet to watch, what I believe will be a very strong and wonderful bond, develop.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
I can't hardly wait to see them
[you&brian too] in 7 days.
Thank you for sharing. Love,Mom

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are truly precious together! I love willow's hair - such a beautiful little face. So excited to see you all very soon! Love, Ruth

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home