Sunday, August 10, 2008

Learning to relax

The week is full of work and often I find the work trickles into the weekend. Meetings, shooting, house work and planning, etc. However, I have been trying to "work" my way into taking the time off and just focusing on family and relaxation.

Every other Saturday Brian and I rotate so that we can each get some time by ourselves as well as so I can get a day with just me and the kids. Yesterday was my day to do whatever but I was feeling like I needed to be with my family. I thought a trip to a museum or something would be good. But as the morning went on, we were all kinda lazy, and we just ended up lounging around here. I have to admit, it was really nice. There's a lot of time spent on trying to find things to do, but sometimes it is nice to just do, nothing. There was a lot of laughing, dancing and running around.

Today however was so lovely we thought we should get out. So, we drove to the MN Arboretum. It was beautiful.It was slow walking and a little carrying.
There's a tree exhibit that includes interactive sculptures. One was an oak tree with many silver balls beneath it. Carl and Willow really enjoyed looking at them, at themselves and others in them, and playing them like musical instruments.
We sat for a picnic and watched a hummingbird nearby.
The kids liked all the waterfalls, fountains, etc. Except of course when Carl decided it would be fun to splash water in Willow's face from a fountain. That was followed by a lot of tears and the decision to go home. All in all it was a pleasant and relaxing trip. Made me miss the country.
I think we all left rather tired. Though I think we all started that way too!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. Thanks so much for sharing. Willow looks so very sweet but so very tired. Love you all very much, Ruth

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your fun filled family day with us.
Hugs & Kisses to all. Love, Mom

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home