Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sometimes it's easier than others

Okay, so I am a bit behind in the monthly picture post. But who's keeping track anyway?!
I've been so busy lately that I can't even remember what I have done much less what I need to do. I just know the list is a long one.
Work has been particularly busy with Barbara having been gone in June and with the recent trip for the girls documentary, upcoming workshops, etc. A lot of exciting and time consuming things are happening.
Then there are all the repairs and changes we just seem to talk about doing in the house. (Finding the time, energy and money to move forth with them is a little low right now.) And poor Brian, I think he feels like the only time he gets to sit and relax with moments to himself are in the evening when he should be sleeping. I'm not complaining, it is all full and we get crabby and tired, but I enjoy my work and love our children. Some things need to change though and I am working on that too. I'd like to rework my schedule a bit so I feel I get more time with Willow and Carl. I've been particularly jealous of Brian's time with them lately as I suspect he may be of my time away. I've noticed and been a little more affected by, especially Willow's, pull to Brian. (Carl still has his Momma moments, thank goodness!) But there are certain things that really make me say, Wow, I need to be "with" my children more. Yes, I work from home so I get to say hello and maybe get an occasional lunch together, but that is not the same as quality play and being with time. I trust this will all work itself out and I have some plans up my sleeve. But I guess we will all have to wait, on the edge of our seats, as things move forward.

And now for the images.... I am amazed that I was able to keep up with the photo's every month. I have not decided if I will continue monthly or now move to yearly.



They do enjoy their Daddy and he them. It is sweet to watch them (even with my green eyes!)

We've been using Willow's birthday gift from Kate, Linda, Wilson, Carolyn and Ramona and visiting the Children's Museum. They love it and it has been so fun to go with them. (Thank you!) One of Willow's favorite things is to play Dr. Mahmood and check out Carl. He doesn't seem to mind. Though the crutches are his favorite. They are really developing a relationship.
And I love them!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I really enjoy your blog and the pics of all of you. I love and miss you all.
Hugs & Kisses to all. Love, Mom

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the times you get to write things on your blog and fully understand your time constraints. I too feel a little envious of not being able to visit with you guys more often. Carl and Willow change so fast it is almost like seeing different children each time I get to come. I am looking forward to seeing you all again in October for Carls big "5". I love you all so very much and wish only happiness and good times for you all. Take care and always remember how much you are loved by so many! Much love, Ruth

12:14 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I have to say that I also miss you, Rebecca. It seems like things have been especially busy over at 927 Dodd - and here as well. It was fun to see the four of you yesterday - I am glad that we all got some kind of cosmic "let's take a walk" message at the same time.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home